Tuesday, December 11, 2012

In The City: Spot Dessert Bar

My sister-in-law and I went out one night a couple of weeks ago and after dining at a nice Portuguese restaurant in East Mid-town, we were on the hunt for some delicious dessert. I had planned to take her to this cafe in the West Village, but by the time we got there it was closed! Determined to get our desert-fix we ventured over to the East Village in hopes that we'd find something. Luckily we walked down St. Mark's Place (8th Street between 3rd and 2nd Avenues) and stumbled upon Spot Dessert Bar. As many times as I've hung around this area I never heard of this place so it was new for both of us.


Apparently this place is really popular (being Zagat rated and everything) and I immediately saw why. At 10pm it was bustling and bright inside, with patrons enjoying coffees and teas with pretty looking desserts. My SIL and I were seated by a friendly server and given a menu with choices of cakes, ice-creams, and other pastries and since we were completely new to this place, we decided to share their most popular dessert, the Chocolate Green Tea Lava.


I'm actually not a huge fan of green tea ice-cream and my SIL didn't like the taste of it plain, but eaten with the chocolate lava cake it was actually a delicious combination of flavors. I also had a cup of Jasmine tea and the SIL had coffee. We stayed there for a bit enjoying the dessert, the ambiance and best of all at 11pm cupcakes were half-off, so I decided to bring one home for Mr. Smooth (which means I had some too #nomnom). This place boasts of fresh ingredients with Asian inspired desserts and I have to say, worth checking out. It's not a cheapie spot but I also don't think it's expensive given the type of food it is. We enjoyed our night here for sure and it looks like we have plans to be back here this coming weekend.

Have you been to Spot Dessert Bar? Let us know!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!